Human Rights Day is an annual event, observed every year on December 10.
Image: Google Image
When is Human Rights Day?
- Human Rights Day 2017 is observed on Sunday, December 10, 2017
- Human Rights Day 2018 is observed on Monday, December 10, 2018
- Human Rights Day 2019 is observed on Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- Human Rights Day 2020 is observed on Thursday, December 10, 2020
About Human Rights Day
The date was chosen to honour the United Nations General Assembly’s adoption and proclamation, on 10 December 1948, of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the first global enunciation of human rights and one of the first major achievements of the new United Nations. The formal establishment of Human Rights Day occurred at the 317th Plenary Meeting of the General Assembly on 4 December 1950, when the General Assembly declared resolution 423(V), inviting all member states and any other interested organizations to celebrate the day as they saw fit. Human Rights Day is celebrated annually across the world on 10 December every year. (wikipedia)
Wondering where we find all of these Days, or if theyre even real? or if you have any information about Human Rights Day, or maybe you want to create your own! If weve missed something useful, or if you still have questions, please dont hesitate to contact us.
You might also like the special days in December
- International Mountain Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 11
- Gingerbread House Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 12
- Poinsettia Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 12
- National Ding-a-Ling Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 12