National Cocoa Day is an annual event, observed every year on December 13.
Image: Google Image
When is National Cocoa Day?
- National Cocoa Day 2017 is observed on Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- National Cocoa Day 2018 is observed on Thursday, December 13, 2018
- National Cocoa Day 2019 is observed on Friday, December 13, 2019
- National Cocoa Day 2020 is observed on Sunday, December 13, 2020
About Cocoa and National Cocoa Day
Here are five things to know about Cocoa:
- Cocoa was first used to make hot chocolate by Aztecs. The drink was called xocolatl, which means bitter water.
- The Swiss consume the most chocolate per capita, which is 22 pounds each compared to 11 pounds each in the United States.
- Cocoa grows from cacao trees and the name cocoa bean was from a spelling mistake made by English importers in the 18th century.
- Fine chocolate is pricy because every stage of cocoa production is down by hand: planting, irrigating, harvesting, fermenting and drying.
- Amsterdam is the worlds most important cocoa port: 500k-600k tonnes of cocoa per day.
Wondering where we find all of these Days, or if theyre even real? or if you have any information about National Cocoa Day, or maybe you want to create your own! If weve missed something useful, or if you still have questions, please dont hesitate to contact us.
You might also like the special days in December
- National Bouillabaisse Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 14
- Bill of Rights Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 15
- Cat Herders Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 15
- International Tea Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 15