National Hard Candy Day is an annual event, observed every year on December 19.
Image: Google Image
When is National Hard Candy Day?
- National Hard Candy Day 2017 is observed on Tuesday, December 19, 2017
- National Hard Candy Day 2018 is observed on Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- National Hard Candy Day 2019 is observed on Thursday, December 19, 2019
- National Hard Candy Day 2020 is observed on Saturday, December 19, 2020
Five food things to know about candy:
- Less than two percent of the calories in the American diet are supplied by candy.
- In Europe during the middle ages, the high cost of sugar made sugar candy a delicacy available only to the wealthy.
- Candy is simply made by dissolving sugar in water. The different heating levels determine the types of candy: Hot temperatures make hard candy, medium heat will make soft candy and cool temperatures make chewy candy.
- Some candies, such as lollipops, candy canes, gummy bears, gum drops, licorice twist and sour balls are free of fat and cholesterol, making them a healthier treat than many people realize.
- A lollipop, which was invented by George Smith in 1908, was named after Lolly Pop, a racing horse.
Wondering where we find all of these Days, or if theyre even real? or if you have any information about National Hard Candy Day, or maybe you want to create your own! If weve missed something useful, or if you still have questions, please dont hesitate to contact us.
You might also like the special days in December
- Mudd Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 20
- Crossword Puzzle Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 21
- Forefathers’ Day: also known as Old Colony Day. It has always been observed annually on December 21
- Humbug Day: also known as Don’t be a Scrooge Day. It has always been observed annually on December 21