Mitten Tree Day is an annual event, observed every year on December 6.
Image: Google Image
When is Mitten Tree Day?
- Mitten Tree Day 2017 is observed on Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- Mitten Tree Day 2018 is observed on Thursday, December 6, 2018
- Mitten Tree Day 2019 is observed on Friday, December 6, 2019
- Mitten Tree Day 2020 is observed on Sunday, December 6, 2020
International Mitten Tree Day is celebrated on December 6th each year, all around the world. This is a great day for people to celebrate the gift of warmth in your office, your school, your home, or in your community! International Mitten Tree Day is sometimes used to organize donation campaigns to help those in need.
While the origins of this holiday are unknown, it is believed that it is a response to the book The Mitten Tree, by Candace Christiansen. In this story, a grandma knits mittens for children and hangs them on an evergreen tree near a bus stop so that those children waiting for the bus who dont have mittens can use them to play in the snow. Every time the lady runs out of yarn, a basket with more yarn appears at her door, and she is able to continue to knit mittens for the children.
Wondering where we find all of these Days, or if theyre even real? or if you have any information about Mitten Tree Day, or maybe you want to create your own! If weve missed something useful, or if you still have questions, please dont hesitate to contact us.
You might also like the special days in December
- Letter Writing Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 7
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 7
- Christmas Card Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 9
- International Anti-Corruption Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 9