Mudd Day is an annual event, observed every year on December 20.
When is Mudd Day?
- Mudd Day 2017 is observed on Wednesday, December 20, 2017
- Mudd Day 2018 is observed on Thursday, December 20, 2018
- Mudd Day 2019 is observed on Friday, December 20, 2019
- Mudd Day 2020 is observed on Sunday, December 20, 2020
About Samuel Alexander Mudd
Samuel Alexander Mudd (December 20, 1833 January 10, 1883) was an American physician who was imprisoned for conspiring with John Wilkes Booth in the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln.
Working as a doctor and tobacco-farmer in Southern Maryland, Mudd held slaves and declared his belief in slavery as a God-given institution. The American Civil War seriously damaged his business, especially when Maryland abolished slavery in 1864. That year, he first met Booth, who was planning to kidnap Lincoln, and Mudd was seen in company with three of the conspirators. However, his part in the plot, if any, remains unclear. wikipedia
Wondering where we find all of these Days, or if theyre even real? or if you have any information about Mudd Day, or maybe you want to create your own! If weve missed something useful, or if you still have questions, please dont hesitate to contact us.
You might also like the special days in December
- Humbug Day: also known as Don’t be a Scrooge Day. It has always been observed annually on December 21
- Festivus: is an annual event, observed every year on December 23
- HumanLight: is an annual event, observed every year on December 23
- Christmas Eve: is an annual event, observed every year on December 24