Saint Nicholas Day also known as Saint Nicholas Day. It has always been observed annually on December 6.
Image: Google Image
When is Saint Nicholas Day?
- Saint Nicholas Day 2017 is observed on Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- Saint Nicholas Day 2018 is observed on Thursday, December 6, 2018
- Saint Nicholas Day 2019 is observed on Friday, December 6, 2019
- Saint Nicholas Day 2020 is observed on Sunday, December 6, 2020
Saint Nicholas’ Day, observed on December 6 in Western Christian countries, December 5 in the Netherlands and December 19 in Eastern Christian countries, is the feast day of Saint Nicholas. It is celebrated as a Christian festival with particular regard to his reputation as a bringer of gifts, as well as through the attendance of Mass or worship services. In Europe, especially in “Germany and Poland, boys would dress as bishops begging alms for the poor.” In Ukraine, children wait for St. Nicholas to come and to put a present under their pillows provided that the children were good during the year. Children who behaved badly may expect to find a twig or a piece of coal under their pillows. In the Netherlands, “Dutch children put out a clog filled with hay and a carrot for Saint Nicholas’ horse. On Saint Nicholas’ Day, gifts are tagged with personal humorous rhymes written by the sender.” In the United States, one custom associated with Saint Nicholas Day is children leaving their shoes in the foyer on Saint Nicholas Eve in hope that Saint Nicholas will place some coins on the soles, for them to awake to. (wikipedia)
Wondering where we find all of these Days, or if theyre even real? or if you have any information about Saint Nicholas Day, or maybe you want to create your own! If weve missed something useful, or if you still have questions, please dont hesitate to contact us.
You might also like the special days in December
- National Pie Day: has always been observed annually on December 1st and annually on January 23rd. December 1
- Advent Sunday: has always been observed annually on the fourth Sunday prior to Christmas Day. December 3
- National Apple Pie Day: has always been observed annually on May 13th and annually on December 3rd. December 3
- Green Monday: has always been observed annually on the second Monday of December. December 11