International Volunteer Day is an annual event, observed every year on December 5.
Image: Google Image
When is International Volunteer Day?
- International Volunteer Day 2017 is observed on Tuesday, December 5, 2017
- International Volunteer Day 2018 is observed on Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- International Volunteer Day 2019 is observed on Thursday, December 5, 2019
- International Volunteer Day 2020 is observed on Saturday, December 5, 2020
International Volunteer Day (IVD) (originally and still known as International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development) (December 5) is an international observance designated by the United Nations since 1985. It offers an opportunity for volunteer organizations and individual volunteers to make their contributions visible at local, national and international levels to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
The International Volunteer Day is marked by many non-governmental organizations, including Red Cross, scouts and others. It is also marked and supported by United Nations Volunteers. (wikipedia)
Wondering where we find all of these Days, or if theyre even real? or if you have any information about International Volunteer Day, or maybe you want to create your own! If weve missed something useful, or if you still have questions, please dont hesitate to contact us.
You might also like the special days in December
- World Soil Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 5
- Miners’ Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 6
- Mitten Tree Day: is an annual event, observed every year on December 6
- St. Nicholas Day: also known as Saint Nicholas Day. It has always been observed annually on December 6